Every Coach Every Athlete and Everyone they Influence
Dear FCA Teammate,
Ten years ago, I served as the baseball chaplain at Arizona State University. I led a 20-minute chapel before Sunday games. I would bring a stack of FCA bibles and discuss how the Bible and the Gospel related to life. We would pray, then they would play a baseball game. One of the players came to every chapel. However, I wasn't sure where he stood with God. The player later went on to be drafted. Until recently, I never heard from him again.
I ran into the same ASU baseball player a few weeks ago. He excitedly retold what God had done. A few years after college, the baseball player began to take his faith seriously. The ASU chapel had an impact. He is now serving as a pastor in Phoenix. I asked him, "how did this story impact your family?" I teared up as he responded, "about twenty people in my family came to faith in Jesus!" God is multiplying your investment.
We are sharing the Gospel in almost one hundred schools in Arizona. We are discipling key leaders. We are leading coaches bible studies, and empowering volunteers to lead ministries on campus.
We are growing. Currently, we have 140 FCA huddles meeting regularly across the state. We may soon add another coach's huddle in Yuma. We are focused on building teams that will reach areas. For instance, Brian Beltramo leads a group of area directors in Phoenix. Matt Palmer directs the West Valley ministry. Matt's excellent team has recently grown from one rep serving seven schools to four staff serving over forty schools.
Some other Arizona FCA highlights in 2019:
- At FCA camp, we served 534, 7-12 grade athletes, equipped 76 college athletes, and empowered 70 coaches to share their faith, lead bible studies, and disciple others.
- We hosted a three-day retreat for coaches and their spouses from across the state to equip them to make disciples.
- We participated in Fields of Faith. Over 250,000 athletes across the U.S. Students invited, prayed for, shared with, and challenged their peers to read the Bible and follow Jesus.
- We ministered to coaches and athletes regularly at ASU, U of A, GCU, NAU, and ACU.
- We partnered with Athletes in Action to create a winter retreat for college athletes.
- We helped sponsor an International Summit in the Philippines for 40 FCA staff and 200 kids at an FCA Camp in Davao.
- We serve an estimated 5,600 athletes and coaches on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
- God provided $1,043,672 in contributions, the largest in Arizona FCA's history.
- Worldwide, FCA saw more than 50,577 people come to faith in Christ. Praise God!
Please pray. We are asking God to call new FCA staff in Phoenix, Yuma, Tucson, and Flagstaff. We want to multiply our FCA camp in 2021.
Would you consider joining our staff? We are currently looking to add an admin, two directors, and four reps in 2020.
Would you consider giving a gift to camp, or your local FCA ministry? A link to our Arizona FCA giving page is below for your convenience.
Thank you for your continued partnership in spreading the Gospel to every coach, athlete, and those they influence.
Note - AZ FCA's new Mailing address is 1 N. 1st Street, Suite 719, Phoenix, AZ 85004